Friday, September 01, 2006

Weird, I guess Jeremy is alive after all.

Finished painting the hallway except for the baseboards right along the floor where they're covered by the carpet. Those will have to wait until I pain the dining room and living room and pull up all the carpet. I'm now looking for an area rug for the living room, but discovering that my tastes are just too expensive. All the ones I like are just WAY too much. And the ones in our price range--YUCK!

Planted a few mums yesterday. (Autumn picked out a purple one at the store.) Also transplanted some vinca. Need to see how they take and then maybe dig up some more. They've come up all over the vegetable garden since I let it go to weeds. Supposedly we can do a second crop of some veggies here, so I need to get myself motivated and get out there and clean up the garden area again. (Allergies not withstanding.)

Someone is going to give me some cannas!!!! YAY! She's about 40 minutes away and we'll have to drive there and dig them up. But it makes me very very happy. I've been wanting them for a long time. I've said it before and I'll say it again...Freecycle=awesome!

Speaking of Freecycle--I've been using it a lot lately in de-cluttering areas of the house. Mostly clothes. But it's nice to feel that things are clearing out and someone else is actually going to get use out of it. Someone even came and dug up some of our monkey grass the other day. :-)

I'd better go straighten up the house before Autumn wakes up.

Priorities for today: babysitting and getting a photo order in (there's a crop on the 9th).

No comments:

Widget_logo