Tuesday, December 29, 2009

January Eat From the Pantry Challenge

So I'm going to take a stab at the pantry challenge for January. We've actually been eating mainly from the pantry and freezer for all of December, so I don't have much of a stockpile, but I do really want to work through what we have and also put together a donation for a local food pantry.

My goals:
  • Keep grocery spending under $25 a week for the month of January. This will be mostly produce and dairy.
  • Clean out the freezer in preparation for defrosting and a thorough cleaning at the end of the month.
  • Work through pantry to avoid having food expire.
  • Inventory freezer, fridge, cupboards.
  • Gather and deliver food pantry donation.
  • Grocery budget money will go towards supplies for the garden. I want to add another raised bed and we also need to purchase another truckload of mulch/compost as well as plants and seeds.

No comments:

Widget_logo