Friday, May 22, 2009

Salsa Recipe (Courtesy of Michelle)


So...I gathered a few handfuls of fresh spinach, lettuce, and cilantro from the garden to go along with the quesadillas I was making for supper. There is something that just makes me happy about using fresh produce right from the garden! :-)


I also made some salsa using a recipe from my friend Michelle. I LOVE this salsa--something about the cilantro and lime makes it taste so fresh and summery. Instead of the tomatoes, chiles, and jalepeno, I used a can of Rotel (I have a ton of it from a Kroger deal a while back). I also added extra garlic and onion, because we really like both of those. :-)


Salsa


1 14 oz. can whole tomatoes
1 4oz can whole green chiles – diced ok if whole not available
1 clove garlic
½ jalepeno
juice of ½ lime
1 handful cilantro
salt to taste
1 teaspoon finely chopped white onion

Toss all ingredients (except onion) in blender. Pulse to desired consistency, and then add finely chopped onion. Serve with favorite tortilla chips

No comments:

Widget_logo