Tuesday, April 10, 2007

life

  • during this last week we set an all-time cold record for the area. it froze overnight between april 7th and 8th.
  • we have had almost no rain this spring (which starts here in late january)
  • autumn's allergies have been keeping us inside and the garden is really suffering for it.
  • while cars in other areas turn white or gray from salt on the roads in march, here, all the cards turn green from the massive amounts of pollen in the air. you can live in a subdivision without a single tree, but it still gets to you.
  • a mcdonald's vanilla cone has only 150 calories. sonic, only 160. dairy queen, over 300.
  • i'm going on a retreat this weekend, if autumn's health cooperates. 3 days of conversation with adult females. it will be very different.
  • i haven't washed dishes since friday. no one else has either. but the living room is finally thoroughly vacuumed.
  • i really like live oaks
  • i just bought airline tickets for my sister's wedding in may. today is the last day of some great airtran sales, if you need to fly somewhere.
  • diet A&W is good
  • this morning i made matt french toast with fresh strawberries dusted with powdered sugar and bacon and good coffee. mine was slightly different because i had french toast with low calorie bread, egg white only and strawberries sweetened with splenda. still pretty good though.
  • freecycle rocks.
  • my "to do" list currently takes up three pages, two columns on each page. and i have a lot more to add to it, so i better get off the computer and get some stuff done.

2 comments:

Stephen, Sarah, Nora, Joseph and Isaiah said...

I admire you. I don't think I could make Stephen a yummy breakfast if I couldn't share in the enjoyment.

Anonymous said...

I was admiring the wedding invitations you have on your scrap site...and then, when I had lunch up at my parents' house the other day, I kind of had a shock when one of those same invitations was on the kitchen counter. Wow! I am so excited about Jessica--you must be thrilled. And those invitations are utterly charming (much, much cuter in person!)

Widget_logo