Wednesday, May 10, 2006

day off

Yesterday Matt was off and we ran errands pretty much all day. The library to get a new card and browse through the books until Autumn was just too happy and squealing and we had to get her out of there. Post office to mail an old cell phone to my parents. Bank to change a bunch of account information. Wal-Mart. Grocery shopping. Garden center. Matt's parent's to pick up some things. It was very busy.

But it was actually very fun. Autumn was happy and I was happy since Matt was off. :-) Also, I bought some flowers to plant. As much as I love having a garden full of veggies, and as pretty as they can be...there's still something so much nicer about actually having flowers.

I'm being stupidly optimistic and planting a bunch out in the bed I put in under the magnolia tree in the front yard. Every time I've tried to plant anything there the squirrels dig it up. But I'm trying yet again. I don't know what's wrong with me--it's really stupid.

I've also been putting together a couple of container arrangements. We'll see if they end up working. I pulled up some ivy from our yard for something to cascade from the pots and I'm not sure if it's going to stay alive...we'll see. I also got some hummingbird-attracting flowers to put in under the big window in the living room. We have a hummingbird feeder out there and it was really fun to watch them out there all last summer (when I was so sick I spent all day every day lying on the couch reading, watching tv, and watching the hummingbirds).

No comments:

Widget_logo