Thursday, March 23, 2006

Home Again

Autumn is miserable. She has a tooth just beginning to break through and it hurts! She's been letting me know about it all day. She wants to have something to chew at all times and she wants me to hold her the whole time. The only thing I was able to get done today was grocery shopping and the only way I was able to do that was by giving her a box of jello to chew on (the only thing in the cart small enough and non-breakable). She managed to gum her way right through the box. Luckily I noticed just in time and took the little bag of jello away from her before she got through it as well.

So her tooth hurts, but I think she's also reacting to the fact that she suddenly went from absolute constant attention from an adoring crowd of aunts, uncles, and grand and great-grandparents, to just her mom. Guess I'm just plain boring. :-)

We had a really good visit in Indiana. Most of the things that I was hoping to get done, didn't happen. I didn't get my books packed up to send back to myself. I didn't get as many pictures as I wanted to. I didn't dig through all the photos and scan in the ones I wanted. But the important things did get done. Autumn got to play and play and play with all her aunts and uncles (several wanted to keep her). She got to meet the goats, and dogs, and cats, and bunnies, and geese, and ducks, and chickens, and horses, and guinea pig. And I got to get in a whole bunch of pinochle games. :-)

I'm so so glad to be back home with Matt though. Autumn and I both missed him a whole lot. And it was cool cause we came home to a completely cleaned up house. Yay! I'm spoiled. :-)

It was so strange coming home to a completely different season here. When we left Indiana, looking down from the air, the ground was completely white with snow. When we left the airport in Atlanta we were driving along the road with green grass and cherry blossoms on either side.

This time of year must be why people live in Georgia. Everything is in bloom, the weather is absolutely gorgeous. On the way back home from grocery shopping today, Autumn dozed off, so I just drove around our neighborhood to see all the flowers. The trees are so beautiful.


I've gotta get off the computer and try to get some housework done, since Autumn's finally asleep. It's been a tough day. I'm really really hoping that this painful teething stage won't last too long.

Going to try to get a few pics up really quick.

No comments:

Widget_logo